If you couldn’t already tell by my million and one Tokyo posts (Kyoto and Tokyo Disney to come!!!) we are going to Japan in November. So I thought I would break up some of the content with my Travel Skincare Routine for Dry Skin and how I personally deal with dry patches on my face.
Let’s just jump right in!
My Travel Skincare Routine
The real truth to my travel skincare routine for dry skin and how I deal with dry patches is that it’s my current everyday skincare routine. I think it’s important to keep up with the same products as best you can and not try or switch out too many things because from my experience when I do that and try to brand new things on my travels I tend to break out and then be stuck without a core product in a country that doesn’t as sell the things I am used to. Below I outlined what my pre-flight skincare routine is, what my after flight skincare routine is, our daytime skincare routine and my nighttime skincare routine.
Pre-flight Skincare Routine
- Step 1: Take off makeup with Farmacy’s Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm
- Only if I am wearing any and I really try not to on flight days because I hate taking off my mascara.
- Step 2: Cleanse my face with Farmacy’s Clean Bee Ultra Gentle Facial Cleanser
- Step 3: Apply eye cream with Tatcha’s Silk Peony Melting Eye Cream*
- Step 4: Lather on Youth To The People’s Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Mask
- This is what’s key, it’s like a shield from plane air
- Step 5: Apply my favourite Lip Moisturizer aka Laneige’s Lip Sleeping Mask
Post-flight Skincare Routine
- Step 1: Clean my skin but it really depends on whats going on:
- Quick layover, ill just quickly clean my skin with Bioderma’s Sensibio H2O Sensitive Skin Micellar Water
- Long layover with access to a nice washroom I will wash my face with Farmacy’s Clean Bee Ultra Gentle Facial Cleanser
- If I am done with flying & back at the hotel I will exfoliate with Fresh’s Sugar Strawberry Exfoliating Face Wash then wash my face with Farmacy’s Clean Bee Ultra Gentle Facial Cleanser
- Step 2: Make sure all the airplane gunk off with Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare’s Alpha Beta Universal Daily Peel
- Step 3: Apply my Eye Cream, Face Oil and Lip Moisturizer
Daytime Travel Skincare Routine for Dry Skin
- Step 1: Cleanse my face with Farmacy’s Clean Bee Ultra Gentle Facial Cleanser
- Step 2: Pat in an essence, my favourite is SK-II – Facial Treatment Essence
- Step 3: Pat in vitamin C, my favourite is Tatcha’s Violet-C Brightening Serum
- Step 4: Apply eye cream Tatcha’s Silk Peony Melting Eye Cream*
- Step 5: Apply Moisturizer (+SPF)
- Currently, my moisturizer of choice is either Farmacy’s Honey Grail Ultra-Hydrating Face Oil or Tatcha’s The Dewy Skin Cream and the SPF I am using is Lancôme’s Bienfait UV SPF 50+ Super Fluid Facial Sunscreen
Nighttime Travel Skincare Routine for Dry Skin
- Step 1: Wash or Exfoliate
- Step 2: Apply a fun mask
- I normally bring whatever samples I have on hand from Sephora, one of my current favourites is Farmacy’s Bright On Massage-Activated Vitamin C Mask
- Step 3: Apply eye cream Tatcha’s Silk Peony Melting Eye Cream*
- Step 4: Layer on either a retinol oil, hydrating oil or overnight face mask
- My favourite is retinol is Sunday Riley’s Luna Retinol Sleeping Night Oil
- My favourite hydrating oil is Farmacy’s Honey Grail Ultra-Hydrating Face Oil
- My favourite overnight face mask is Youth To The People’s Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Mask
How to Combat Pimples & Dry Patches When You Travel
Best Tips for Keeping Your Skin Nice When Flying
- Drink a lot of water
- Before, during and after, if you don’t need to pee your pants every hour, you are not drinking enough. I was listening to the health code podcast and they mentioned you need to drink a crazy amount of liquids.
- Use a thick moisturizer or an overnight mask
- Enough to create a layer, a shield even between your face and the plane
- Travel-sized: face-wash & micellar water
- If it’s not easily accessible I won’t use it.
- Don’t touch your face
- It’s pretty well knowing that the planes aren’t wonderfully wiped down between transitions
- Wipe everything down
- See the point above.
My Favourite Products for Dry Skin
I have always suffered from dry skin and really prominent dry patches especially after flying or when the weather transitions from either hot to cold or cold to hot until I discovered these following products:
- Farmacy’s Honey Grail
- Youth to the People’s Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Mask
- Laneige’s Lip Sleeping Mask
With all that being said, if you are interested in any of the products above, the Sephora November Sale is just around the corner and the details are below!
Sephora Sale November 2019
Sephora Fall Sale Information
I would like to thank Reddit for finally providing us with the dates for this year’s November VIB sale. I don’t know why I need to always know the exact dates like I knew the sale was coming, it’s been happening every year around the 1st week of November but still, I get stressed up until I officially know the date. But like why? I know it’s going to happen, not knowing doesn’t stop me from preparing my wishlist but yet I still need that confirmation.
Sephora Sale November 2019 Dates for Rouge, VIB & Beauty Insider
- VIB Rouge: November 1st – 11th
- Code: TBA/will update soon
- VIB / BI: November 7th – 11th
- Code: TBA/will update soon
Sephora Skincare Wishlist November 2019
These are the skincare items I am contemplating purchasing from the November Sephora Sale, if you tired any please let me know I would love to know your opinions. Also who else struggles with knowing trying new things all the time is bad for their skin, know they shouldn’t spend so much money but struggles to remove anything from their carts?
Please let me know what’s in your carts!