To be honest, I have no idea how to start this post. I’ve gone back and forth a million different times on how I wanted to “relaunch” my blog. And by going back and forth so much, I have just delayed the launch that much more. So let’s start it off simple, how are you doing and have you gone anywhere fun lately?
I know it’s been awhile, in fact, the last time we chatted was October 17, 2017, since then it’s been 1 year, 5 months and 25 days since I last posted. To be honest, I really wasn’t planning on leaving that day, I had every intention to continue on with this blog. I even had content written and planned out until the end of the year.
But then the feeling of failure just hit me quick, hard and all at once. Instead of working on my blog and my [now private] YouTube, I just started to avoid everything at all cost. Why? Because I let myself get to myself. By that I mean I started comparing my personal growth to the rapid success of others. And then it was just a rabbit hole of negative thoughts and feelings from there. I was completely focused on my shortcomings and continuing the blog and anything associated with it was just a big fat reminder of that. And because of that mental shift I made and the pressures I put on myself to “succeed.”
I didn’t value the growth I was getting and completely focused on the growth I wasn’t. And to be honest it led me to stop all creative endeavours in my life because I literally thought why bother, when someone else is doing way better than you anyways.
Looking back i hate that I let my mind take it so far. Over the last year, I gave up everything creative in my life and switched out late nights working on the blog and youtube to scrolling and watching youtube endlessly. I felt like I lost a part a huge part of myself that I didn’t really know how to get back.
So with all that said, I’m happy to say that I am in a much better place now. And would like to officially announce, that this blog is making a come back and I really excited about it.
Finally here a list of travel and life updates in case you were curious as to what I’ve been up to.
Life and Travel Updates
- In November of 2017, we went to Japan and fell absolutely head over heels in love with the country ( we are already planning our next trip)
- In January 2018, I went to Jacksonville, FL for work. It was my first non-Canadian work trip. I went again in June 2018 and the second time around I actually got to really experience the city and I have to say you have some great food Jacksonville.
- In April 2018, I did a one night cruise to Seattle with 10+ members of my family. It was chaotic and stressful, but amazing nonetheless.
- In June 2018, we took a much needed super last minute trip to Oahu, Hawaii. It was spectacular and I very much want to make this a bi-yearly trip
- In October 2018 we went to Montreal for a week, it actually my first time vacationing in a Canadian city. Although there isn’t much to see I would fly back for the food alone
- In November 2017 I quit my job at the web agency, accepted an offer at a marketing agency.
- In March 2018, we took one look at one bedroom condo in Vancouver fell in love, and decided to make an offer (that was accepted!!)
- In May 2018 we moved out of our 2-bedroom condo in Coquitlam and into a 1-bedroom Apartment in Vancouver
- In July 2018 I quit my job at the marketing agency and took a mini breather to figure out want I wanted in life.
- In August 2018, I accepted new a position at fashion company on their digital team.
- In February 2019, it ended all my freelance work and officially told myself to stop saying yes to one-off projects that I wasn’t interested in.
Then finally in April 2019 was when I pick this blog back up.
And what where this leaves us. Thank you for being patient with being and for sticking with me. I truly appreciate it. If you have any questions feel free to comment or shoot me a private email. I love chatting with you guys.