It’s my favorite time of year. It’s January 1, 2017, which means it’s 2017 new years resolutions time. I absolutely love reading and knowing other people’s new years resolutions and goals. I think new years resolutions are such an interesting because you get to know what the person wants to work on the most.
For example, the most put together person you know might have their 2017 new years resolution to “be more productive” that means to an extent they think they are a bit lazy and not be as perfect as you might see them, therefore they are more real and related rather than a person you put on a pedestal . I don’t really know what I am saying, but what I am trying to get at is that you get to know a person’s better when you know what their resolutions are.
Anyway, without rambling on more, here are 17 ideas for 2017 new years resolutions if you don’t have yours yet and want to make one!
17 New Year Resolutions Ideas for 2017 and How to Keep Them!
- Sleep More, leave your phone outside of your room and turn off the lights by 11 pm, you know you need more sleep.
- Become a morning person, wake up every single day for 30 days at 6 am, you’ll get used to it (shoutout to MyDomaine for this amazing post and Danielle Marie for this great video).
- Exercise, start by just simply watching your show or your youtube videos on the treadmill, you gotta start somewhere and it’s better than watching it on the couch.
- Eat less junk food, throw out all the sugary and processed foods. Tell yourself if you can’t make it from scratch, you can’t eat it.
- Read more, 10 mins every night, that’s it only 10 minutes.
- Drink more water, drink 1L of water right when you get up, but you can say you at least did that.
- Look more put together, be a keener and pick out your outfits in advance.
- Save money, set a budget, try the budget, revise a budget, set a new budget.
- Lose weight / get healthier, meal prep and eat at home.
- Be more productive, get a planner and start practicing the Pomodoro method (thanks Alex)
- Get better a time management, use a calendar, layout your week, then time block the things you want to do.
- Be more adventurous, just do it, book the ticket, jump out of the plane, just say yes.
- Be more positive, be happier, create a replacement list, for every negative thought write a positive replacement.
- Learn something new, sign yourself up for the physical class, or the digital class (pick up a hobby or learn something new with skillshare).
- Stop being late, set your clocks early, and reward yourself whenever you are on time
- Get a new job, make a new resume (thanks Career Girl Daily), and then actually put in the effort when you are applying.
- Start X (Blogging, Youtube, etc.) just do it. Buy the domain, and just do it!
My 2017 New Years Resolutions
New Years Resolutions #1: Practice Gratitude
I can be such a negative person even though I have a ton to be grateful for. So one of my biggest resolutions is to practice gratitude, and in turn be more positive so I can attract more positive energies in my life.
GOAL: Write one thing I am grateful for every single day, luckily my planner has the perfect spot for this!
New Years Resolutions #2: Save More Money
I am building something big for 2018, but I need the funds in order to do it, meaning I need to save money, meaning in 2017 I will be going on a savings spree. I have already worked out my budget so now I just need to follow it
GOAL: Save $20,000 by December 31, 2017.
New Years Resolutions #3: Read More, Learn More
I have a 40 min commute each way to work, what means I have 40 mins in which I can be reading but instead I am doing nothing. So instead of doing nothing I can going to read more and learn more in 2017
GOAL: Finish at least 1 “business-y” book per month
New Years Resolutions #4: The Classic, Get Healthier
Who doesn’t want to get a little leaner, or a little stronger or simply feel better about themselves. I know I do. 2016 was the first year I ever lost weight, so I hope to keep that trend going in 2017.
GOAL: Lose 15 pounds by May 31, 2017
New Years Resolutions #5: Be More Consistent
I have been so inconsistent in the past with my blog especially, but now that I have also introduced a youtube channel I have found more a reason to keep up to two creative outlets that I love!
Goal #1: Put up 104 blog post in 2017 (2 posts per week)
Goal #2: Put up 104 videos in 2017 (2 videos per week)
What is the difference between a new years resolution and a new year goal?
As you can tell from the above, I listed out some goals to go along with my 2017 new years resolutions. And you might be thinking, what is the difference between a resolution and a goal? and to me, the different is: A Resolution is a habit you want to form, whereas a goal is something you want to accomplish. Therefore a goal of mine is lose weight but the overall I want to form healither habits. I hope that makes sense!
Free 2017 New Years Resolutions Worksheet
So I made a Goal worksheet back in my How to Set and Actually Achieve your Goals post so I thought I would make a couple more to celebrate us making our 2017 New Years Resolutions.
Keeping your 2017 New Years Resolutions front of mind.
This worksheet is just to really help you keep your goals front of mind, it’s a simple but pretty worksheet that you can print out as a reminder of your 2017 new years resolutions.
The 2017 Replacement List
Keep out the negative thoughts with this replacement list, this is meant to help you replace a negative thought with a positive thought.
Ps: I made a video about this too is you want to watch it, I touch on some points in the video that I didnt do here: